The blog No Pasaran linked to the CartesFrance.fr map of how Parisians view the rest of France. The map in part proves to be a rabbit-hole beyond my understanding.
- Paris is labelled "Maison" meaning "home".
- Much of the coastal regions of France is "plages" meaning "beaches".
- The Alps and the Pyrenees Mountains are great for skiing.
- The French Reveria is labelled as a land of "menteurs" meaning "liars". I guess Parisian tourists have had some bad experiences there.
- Brittany is labelled as a land of alcoholics. I know the region is known for its strong alcohol but I am unaware that alcoholism is a problem there.
- The more culturally Germanic region in eastern France is labelled as "depressif" meaning "depressive".
- The Basque region and Corsica are labelled as the land of terrorists.
- Finally, the northern region by Belgium is labelled as "pauvres" meaning "poor".