|The black spot is Venus and the quarter-sphere is the sun.|
NOTE: Never look into the eyepiece when a telescope is pointed at the Sun. You will damage your eyes to the point of blindness.
- First, cover the bottom inside of the box.with white construction paper
- Second, align the rest of the inside of the box with black construction paper
- The box is good to go!
- Then, point the telescope towards the sun (do not use the eye piece!)
- Hold the box up so the image showing be projected via the eye piece is displayed on the white construction paper.
- With some adjustments you should be able to see the Sun and any visible sunspots. When a planet is traversing the Sun it will show up as a dark sphere.
- Once you have a good image then feel free and take a photograph of it!