This list of course ignores your favorite geography blog Geographical Travels with Catholicgauze! - shameless self promotion
Cartographic Blogs - Focus more on maps then geography but are still an useful resource for geographers
- My Wonderful World is National Geographic's primary effort to reach out to young people.
- Geography at About has long served as a blog with hundreds of pages of geographical knowledge.
- Geography Blog From Networlddirectory is big into climate change. Other posts follow environmental effects on weather and humans.
- Worst Places in the World is not updated often but when it is it has great posts. The blog uses multiple techniques to show the reader the worst places in the world.
Geopolitical Blogs - These blogs focus on the politics of the global scene. Included in this is another subfield which focuses on the War on Terrorism
- Coming Anarchy is the product of three fans of Victorian imperialistic age. Heavy on today's policy these gentlemen focus on the big and lesser well known political events of our time.
- Long War Journal is the place to go when you want to know next week's news today. With great information coming out of Pakistan and Somalia besides Iraq and Afghanistan, this is the primer news source for me when it comes to the War on Terrorism.
Geospatial News Blogs - Are blogs which focus on developments in the world of geotechnology.
- SlashGeo is the place for industry news.
- Very Spatial has a podcast too! Besides that it is a blog which keeps the average user up to date on geotechnology that almost anyone can use.
Google Earth Blogs - When it comes to news you can use with Google Earth whether it be new data layers or features these are great starting points
- Google Earth Blog, Google Earth Library, Google Earth Hacks, and Oogle Earth are the four corners of Google Earth blogs. If a layer is not being discussed on one of these blogs then it is not important.
- Strange Maps originally started off as a "look at this strange map" blog but it has lately gone more in depth into explaining the geographical (sometimes geopolitical) background of maps. Take for example Transnistria.
- IMINT and Analysis Blog uses imagery to discuss military installations and practices worldwide.
- Radical Geography and Cultural Geography Blog are prime examples American teachers should look at and copy from.
Tourism Geography - Geography and news for the tourist
- Intelligent Travel is a tourism blog by National Geographic which focuses on environmentally less harmful travel.
- Travelography keeps tourists up to date with the latest world news.
Urban Geography - Geography of cities and suburbs
New Geography is a strange one to describe. Part urban/part economic blog but all urban geography/economical geography.
Did Catholicgauze leave any categories out? Want to add your own blog to the list? Then comment below and I will update!