- The Western Mediterranean region is depicted with earthy tones such as Basque Brown, Pompeii Orange, and Mediterranean Sun.
- The Roman Empire's classical look is embodied with Roman Marble.
- San Juan Sand gives a hot and pale look for Caribbean.
- The Orient is exotic and bold colors like Bangkok Rust.
- Even general geographical features like glaciers are envisioned by a very pale blue, sea breezes are shown by a bluish green.
Try an experiments with yourself, others, or a class. Hold up colors and ask people what geographical feature or place they think of and then ask why. The answers help understand one's geographical bias just as mental maps do.